Please Note:

Top post is most recent. To read in the order in which they appear in the book, begin at the bottom.
Don't forget to subscribe (add email to column on right) so you don't miss any posts.
How about leaving a short comment? Even if you just say 'Hi' it'd be nice to hear from you.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Balls & Brass Monkeys

Saturday, February 15

Staying warm has been a challenge this past week with temperatures dipping to  -30°C or colder every night. Daytime temperatures have been in mid teens. It has, however, been sunny every day whci means that I have an excess of power. I am using a fair bit of wood trying to keep the place warm however.

Chuck, Ben and Bridget arrived on Tuesday but just stayed the one night. Chuck needed some film footage for school – at least that was the excuse. I think he just wanted a reason to come up, and maybe to show the place to Ben and Bridget. Ben provided the transportation but Bridget had no legitimate reason to take two days off of school except to come along for the ride. She's a cute kid, very shy and although Chuck said they weren’t an item I'm not sure I believe him.

We did some shooting, Chuck facing backwards on the Skidoo, while I drove. Unfortunately the camera froze up pretty quickly so he didm’t get much footage.

Anyway, it was nice to have them up. I made a big pot of chilli but they didn't eat any of it so I've been eating nothing else all week. Finally finished it off last night.

Lisa phoned from Fort Lauderdale, Florida Thursday night. Sounds like she's enjoying herself. The temperature was 80°F ( +22º C) when she called. It was -22º C here. Strange as it may seem, Im not the least bit envious. I am quite content to be here freezing my butt off.

On our morning walk I built a fire at the lean-to to relax for a while. I think Molly even enjoyed it. The bows made for a comfortable lie down and the fire kept us quite warm. 


Yesterday I started gathering up poles to build a teepee.

No comments:

Post a Comment