Please Note:

Top post is most recent. To read in the order in which they appear in the book, begin at the bottom.
Don't forget to subscribe (add email to column on right) so you don't miss any posts.
How about leaving a short comment? Even if you just say 'Hi' it'd be nice to hear from you.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Great Blue Heron

There is just one more source which has given me significant insight into who I am and confirms much of what I have outlined above. Not surprisingly perhaps, it comes from the natural world in the form of the Great Blue Heron which, some years ago I adopted as my totem, even had one tattooed on my arm. 


The tattoo served a double purpose to be honest. Not only was it my totem but it covered up a self inflicted tattoo from my late teens when I inked “VAL” on my left bicep. Problem is, I was so drunk that I didn’t realize until the next day that the letters were upside down, not entirely, but close enough. Even worse, a couple of my buddies, my very drunk buddies, were so impressed with my new-found skill as tattoo artist that they had me tattoo them as well. What were we thinking? What was I thinking? The good news is; they didn’t kill me the next day after we’d sobered up, none of us got infections at the tattoo sites and was good to know that I wasn’t the only one feeling embarrassed and just a wee bit stupid. Val said she was touched that I’d written her name on my arm, but only after she’d stopped laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment