Please Note:

Top post is most recent. To read in the order in which they appear in the book, begin at the bottom.
Don't forget to subscribe (add email to column on right) so you don't miss any posts.
How about leaving a short comment? Even if you just say 'Hi' it'd be nice to hear from you.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer

Sunday, September 8


Finding the weather intolerable these past few days. Has reverted to the three h’s, hot, humid and hazy, with temperatures in the low thirties. Thirty-two today I believe, and even hotter tomorrow according to the forecast. Tuesday is supposed to be cooler again. I certainly hope so because I want to get back to working on the addition. I still have plenty of time so feel okay about taking the really hot days off. I have put in concrete bases for the posts, three of them, and installed lower face plates onto the concrete foundation of the existing house. I had a hell of a time getting the bolt holes drilled and, consequently, the bolts are not as deep as I would have liked. Hopefully they’re in deep enough to hold though. I also got a well estimate yesterday. Looks like two to three thousand if it’s around sixty feet or so which, I’m told, is most likely the case. If we have to go to two hundred feet, we’re looking at around four thousand. It’s a gamble of course but I’ve opted to go for it. Having a reliable source of good water certainly will make life easier and add greatly to my sense of independence. With luck, I’ll have a well before Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment